Grace Baptist Church
History of Grace Baptist Church
On September 25, 1921, a large number of people headed by Pastor Q.C. Davis and deacons of First Baptist Church met for the organization of Grace Baptist Church with Rev. John S. Harris, who had been conducting a revival in Almond's Hall.
Grace Church worshiped for the first few months in Almond's Hall. The old church building of Salem M. W. Church on Concord Road was purchased and the materials from it were used to construct a building on the present site, which was donated by Wiscassett Mills Company. This one room building was used and added to as the need became evident until the present education building was erected under the ministry of Rev. Floyd Helms. This building was completed and dedicated on April 20,1952. The old church building was torn down and the worship services and Sunday School were held in the educational building.
The growth of the church was evident and more space was needed. During August, 1956 the present sanctuary was started under the ministry of Rev. C. R. Hinton with the first service being held in the new sanctuary the first Sunday in September, 1957.
An additional educational building and fellowship hall was constructed and a dedication service held July 26, 1970, during the ministry of Rev. Roy P. Taylor.
Grace Church joined the Stanly Association in 1921 with a church membership of 38 and $110 in contributions for the year.Church has had 16 full-time pastors. Our current total membership is 359.